শনিবার, ২৫ মে, ২০১৩

PFT: Ryan thinks he's perfect fit with Saints' 'D'

Rob RyanAP

Though it took him a little longer than his self-proclaimed five minutes, Rob Ryan found a job this offseason.

And considering his personality, it might have been in the perfect spot.

Ryan talked to reporters in New Orleans for the first time Thursday, and said he was fortunate to land with a team that had the worst defense in league history last year, because they both have something to prove.

He referred back to his firing by the Cowboys, and the Super Bowl he won in New Orleans as a member of the Patriots staff, calling himself ?lucky? to be where he was.

?These guys have been well-coached before. They?re smart. They?re just ready to win,? Ryan said, via Mike Triplett of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. ?I think we all have a chip on our shoulder after last season. . . .

?I know everybody is on the same path. That big sign that used to be up there [in the Saints' indoor practice facility] ? ?Do Your Job? ? I?ve heard those words before. I plan on doing it. I?ve got two Super Bowl rings, one of them won out here in sweet, live ass New Orleans as part of a great organization.?

Yeah, he should fit right in.

The Saints could use a shot of confidence, after allowing a league-record 7,042 yards last year. Ryan can provide that.

He admitted he ?got my feelings hurt? when he was fired, but said he was ?very fortunate? to land with Sean Payton, and he clearly enjoys the challenge ahead of him.

?I like his passion,? Payton said. ?You know, he?s someone that I spent a lot of time researching and arriving at that decision, guys that I know very well that have worked with him.

?I like the way players respond and I think he?s a perfect fit for what we?re looking for.?

Now all he has to do is find enough players to adapt to his scheme, and he might finally end up a coordinator for a team with a winning record.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/rob-ryan-thinks-hes-a-perfect-fit-for-saints-defense/related/

russell westbrook NFL Draft Grades 2013 living social pnc Pain and Gain Eddie Lacy Justin Pugh

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন